About Florence Garnier

With over 20 years of experience on the client side, Florence Garnier has developed strong skills in the fields of international marketing, advertising, client/agency management, digital communications and both trade and consumer media. She started her career as a marketer in the financial services industry, later moving to Rena...
More about Florence

Marketing is changing

Thanks to our consulting activity, we are embracing the deep changes advertisers face in their marketing activity. Those profound changes have consequences on the advertisers’ organisations but also on the relationship with their communication agencies.

Marketing is facing a profound transformation.

Economic crisis in Europe, slow growth in the US, “strong potential” markets growth rate slowing down, marketing is facing big challenges globally:

• R&D fails to deliver true innovation.
  • Product marketing struggles with a highly competitive environment and the loss of sexiness of middle range offers.
  • Brands are deprived of their marketing and sales strategies as new players are getting in their path: aggregators, price comparators, search engines.
  • Retail is deeply transformed by E-commerce stakeholders.
  • Communication strategies need to evolve profoundly to embrace media proliferation, and cope with the evolution in media usage in favour of mobile phones.
  • “High speed” marketing is now the rule of the game at a global scale.

This marketing mutation has consequences on advertisers organisation in various ways:

• Because of Internet proliferation, companies are now highly exposed outside. They have no other choice but to develop multichannel communication strategies to best address the various levels of interlocution with their stakeholders. Dealing with multichannel strategies requires expertise and tools both internally and externally within their agencies.
  • Articulating marketing strategies is more and more complex, because borders between the various areas of expertise (sales, marketing, communication) are blurring, but also because a high speed of action is required.
  • Media proliferation generates cost inflation: marketing organisations internally and collaboration with the agencies need to be reengineered to face with complexity and cost pressure.

How does this situation impact the CMO’s job?

More than ever, the CMO is in the situation of coordinating a high number of projects, involving a high number of third parties. More than ever, he needs to bring in the discussion: a global vision, inspiration, and motivation for his management, his team and his agency roster.

To execute his strategies and best collaborate with third parties, the CMO needs to implement technology in his organisation, in order to get a higher level of visibility and control on marketing actions, but also to guarantee quality in the realisation of these actions.

Marketing is changing, and changing now, to keep on being marketing is a strategic function, bringing added value in the companies thanks to differentiation.

Talents, agile organisations, technology – marketing is reinventing itself at high speed….

Tribune Homepage
Contributors
Angela Natividad Paris, France Strategist and writer
Dan Pearlman Santa Monica, United States CEO/Managing Partner
Darren Woolley Sydney, Australia Marketing Management Consultant
Emanuele Nenna Milan, Italy Founder, Now Available
Enrico Gervasi Milan, Italy Founder, Istituto Protagora
Florence Garnier PARIS, France Consulting company
Florie Hubac Paris, France Communication & Marketing Manager
Hervé de Clerck , Switzerland Founder
Johanna McDowell Johannesburg, South Africa
Mark Tungate Paris, France Journalist and author
Matt Walsh Wellington, New Zealand Director of Business Development
Maud Largeaud Paris, France Chief Information Manager
Monika Vaiciulyte Lund, Sweden Student
Philippe Paget Paris Area, France Global CEO AdForum
Steve Fajen New York, United States Marketing Consultant
Steven Johnson London, United Kingdom Creative consultant
Submit Article
Follow Us